Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas, Kangaroos, and Cheesy Potatoes

Yep.  Christmas, Kangaroos, and Cheesy Potatoes are my life at the moment.  No, I haven't gone completely nuts although I'm sure some of my closet friends would argue that I went nuts a long time ago  * ba-dum-tshh *   :)  Sorry, couldn't help myself!  But that's what the real deal is here, I'll explain!

Let's start with the Kangaroos part...
Well once Thanksgiving was over and our visitors hopped on their flights back to MI and CA, Alex also headed to the airport to catch a MUCH longer flight for work.  Where to?  I'll tell you but get ready-  it's going to make you jealous, I'm still REALLY jealous!  My hubby is down under, visiting both Australia AND New Zealand- for work!!!!  Ugh, typing it just made me super jealous again, who gets to do that?!  I am sure there are plenty of people out there that do but no one that I know, I can't even think of someone that has been to either place for vacation!  Have I mentioned that I feel sort of jealous?  He's going to see kangaroos, wallabies, Crocodile Dundee and stuff, ugh!

Okay, moving on from the Kangaroos part to the Christmas part...
With Alex traveling, I am at home doing some Christmas decorating on my own.  Sadly that meant we didn't get to do our annual Griswold Style Christmas Tree Adventure (click the links to see 201020112012 and 2013).  Kind of a bummer but at least we got to squeeze in enough time to go to the local Farmer's Market and pick out a tree together.  Still felt special for us!
I did warn Alex that I was photoshopping him in a kangaroos pouch since he hasn't shared any pics yet :)

Onto the Cheesy Potatoes part...
Well, a couple hours ago I was searching through our fridge and cupboards for dinner options.  If you don't already know, I hate cooking, if I cook it has to be simple (aka Betty Crocker boxed or frozen food entrees).  Alex is the chef in our house thankfully but when he's gone I tend to go on a frozen pizza and cereal diet :(  Anyway, during my search I was also replying to a text from my fabulous photographer friend Amber when I stumbled upon a random (but still well before it's expiration date) box of faux homemade bake-able Betty Crocker cheesy potatoes.

Say what you will, it's not fancy but it sounded damn good so I felt the need to express my excitement about the cheesy potato discovery via text to Amber, I knew she'd understand :)  Due to it's random-ness, she and her husband Dennis told me to blog about it and I thought why not?!  So here we are.

There you have it, Christmas, Kangaroos and Cheesy Potatoes, it all makes sense now right?
I'll also say, if you don't think the potatoes part is randomly funny, it's Amber's fault for suggesting that I share with the blog world :)  Now, I think I need some more before I go to bed, I just might eat this whole giant bowl of cheesy potatoes and land in a couch food coma :) tis' the season I suppose?!

Are you a sucker for cheesy potatoes too?
Did you enjoy reading this post?  I ask because...
I know it's not about home decor or DIY-ing but I really enjoyed writing it so it made me curious.  Please let me know in the comments if you have a moment to!

I'll share some of my Christmas decor pics soon!  Things will look simpler this year than past years (see 2013 here) since we picked out a smaller tree- but wait, who am I kidding?  It probably won't look simple, I really do love Christmas decorating!  Swing by then to take a look! 

3 comments:

  1. Carla, Thought your whole post was "cheesy".....but it made me laugh!!! A lot of the blogs I read have lately turned into commercials for different products, but I can always count on you to be original! ....And that's a compliment, by the way! :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Nancy! Glad it made you laugh, I always wonder if my humor is too weird but I'm happy you enjoyed the cheesy content too!

      Delete
  2. Ha, that's so funny! I'm from New Zealand but currently live in Australia and whilst they're both lovely, I'd be super excited to go to the USA! I guess it comes down to what you're used to, and what is foreign and exotic :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?